Los Angeles, located in the Southern region of California is a hub for several tourists throughout year. It’s considered as the “Golden city of Angels” and is one of the largest cities in terms of area in U.S. Los Angeles Hotels are considered to be amongst the best in world that provide excellence in ambience and believe in achieving utmost customer satisfaction. Several corporate companies find Los Angeles to be a suitable place for business delegations and meetings. Whether it is a luxurious hotel or cheap hotels in Los Angeles, every hotel has its own USP and aim at meeting or exceeding their customer needs. You must be there to experience it all.
Los Angeles Hotels are spread wide from Beverly Hills to Hollywood and near to International airport. It would be a perfect setting to enjoy your dinner under palm-tree shades. One of the most well known hotels in Los Angeles, The Westin Bonaventure has been designed with a larger than life infrastructure to take your breathe away. Elegantly furnished and well planned, your stay at this hotel will surely be memorable. Each room has a unique design style and the hotel has been located in cylindrical towers thereby providing an awesome view from outside and sky. Referring to high standard services, The Bel Age hotel located in West Hollywood and The Crowne Plaza hotel at Los Angeles International Airport are two good examples.
But if we compare these hotels, Crowne Plaza holds an edge over others due to its easy accessibility from the airport. Several businessmen that travel to Los Angeles hold meetings at this venue and find the ambience to be of good quality. Apart from luxury hotels, you can also find several low budget hotels in Los Angeles that provide good services within their limitations.
To conclude, Los Angeles hotels create an atmosphere of comfort and luxury for tourists and aim at providing best of the best services in terms of food quality and stay.
Subscribe to this blog's RSS feed
Since the tragic events of 9/11, Airports have taken great strides to ensure the safety of their measures. Many new security measures have been implemented that travelers should be aware of before going to the airport.
The following is a list of important security essentials that travelers should know when they go to the airport:
1. Because of the security measures that have been implemented, one may expect longer security check lines so checking in for the flight may take longer than in the past. Airports recommend that you arrive at the airport about two hours before your scheduled flight.
2. The first checkpoint is registering for your plane seat. You will have to show your boarding pass and a form of identification such as a driver’s license or a government issued identification card.
3. When you arrive at the security check point, you will be required to put your carry-on bag through the scanner. There will be a bin for placing your coat that will be scanned before you walk through the metal detector. Before going through the metal detector, you will have to remove any items you are wearing and put them in a bin for scanning. Some airports now have — shoe sniff — devices that analyze your shoes for the presence of explosive materials. If the scanner picks up something unusual, you and your bag will be searched. The security agent may pass a wand with a removable filter that will test for explosive residue.
4. X-ray body imaging machines at airports, called backscatter devices, are being installed in up to 30 airports. The machines are intended to replace the physical pat-down some passengers receive.
5. In August, 2006, rules were implemented to allow passengers on US and European flights to carry only 3 ounces/100 ml of liquids or gels through airport security in a clear Ziploc type plastic bag. Beverages purchased in the airport after clearing security are allowed. You are permitted to bring more than 100ml of baby formula, baby food, milk, or juice prescription and essential non-prescription medicines. You must declare these items at the security check desk.
6. Items that are considered weapons are banned such as knives, tools, pepper spray, and scissors. As well, loose batteries are not allowed on the flight. Lithium ion batteries in cell phones and laptops are allowed. You may not pack loose lithium batteries in your checked baggage, but spare lithium batteries are permitted in carry-on baggage. It is important to check with the airport if you have a concern about what items you are bringing.
7. Other security areas being enhanced include random screening of employees, stronger air cargo security measures, additional canine patrols, more thorough identity verification, deploying more trained security officers in bomb appraisal, and improved screening by observation techniques.
Many travelers do not think they have to worry about security checks, however, if you are caught with a banned item, you could be fined and even prosecuted. The last thing you want to happen is to be prevented from boarding your flight, or even worse, end up on the ‘no fly’ list.